I am so proud of your bacon escapades. Next, you will have to learn how to weave a bacon basket or a poncho as I have seen on Pinterest…or maybe that was just a dream I had.
Life in Redlands has been a little whack-a-doodle…scattered and crazy…but starting to settle down as we have now been here for a full week.
Here is the good news! Ryan found a killa-from-Manila Crossfit gym to work out at. Plus, he was just asked to coach there as well. He’s super-psyched to join the crowd at CDR because they have some BEASTS working out there. We’re talking Where the Wild Things Are type creatures…
Owner/coach Calvin (or as I like to call him Rex Kwon Do) is a CF maniac. In one session, he taught me how to squat a hundred times better that I ever have, even with my FAI (femoral acetabular impingement).
Another piece of good news…I was a little worried when I could not find a co-op or a Whole Foods in the area. I mean, where are you going to find a good bulk food aisle, anything from the grass-fed kingdom, and, especially, my universal elixir (kombucha- until I get my SCOBY properly fed and fermenting)?? Enter the unicorn…Clark’s Nutrition! Best health food store ever!
Here is a list of 5 interesting facts that I learned this week and hope to expound upon over the weeks to come:
1. Trader Joe’s is a good place to buy ghee…$3.99. Not grass-fed, but good in a pinch.
2. Pugs are resilient flyers. Zoey had a one-stop flight from MN to CA and you’d never know that she hadn’t just been trapped in the gazebo for a few hours. Spry and enthusiastic when she was met at the baggage claim.
3. A SCOBY and kefir grains can be brought through security at the airport without a TSA agent mistaking it for meth ingredients or a dead jellyfish.
4. Electric cars are everywhere. I parked in a lot next to three other Nissan Leafs…or shall I say Nissan Leaves. The foliage is thick.
5. You thought you knew nice when you moved to Minnesota. California Nice exists too.
Ciao for now.